His research activities are focused on consumer attitudes and behaviour towards wine and food product attributes. In particular, he applies economic and behavioral experiments to analyse consumer food preferences. He has participated in over 20 national and international research projects. According to the updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators, in the year 2019 and 2020, Riccardo stands among the 100.000 most productive scholars in the world (https://elsevier.digitalcommonsdata.com/datasets/btchxktzyw/3).
Dept. of Agricultural Sciences
Via Università 96 – 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
Tel. +39 081 2539053
- Pabst, E., Corsi, A. M., Vecchio, R., Annunziata, A., & Loose, S. M. (2021). Consumers’ reactions to nutrition and ingredient labelling for wine–A cross-country discrete choice experiment. Appetite, 156, 104843. DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2020.104843
- Vecchio, R., & Cavallo, C. (2019). Increasing healthy food choices through nudges: A systematic review. Food Quality and Preference, 78, 103714. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodqual.2019.05.014
- Vecchio, R., & Borrello, M. (2019). Measuring food preferences through experimental auctions: A review. Food Research International, 116, 1113-1120. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodres.2018.09.055
- Vecchio, R., Lisanti, M. T., Caracciolo, F., Cembalo, L., Gambuti, A., Moio, L., … & Piombino, P. (2019). The role of production process and information on quality expectations and perceptions of sparkling wines. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 99(1), 124-135. DOI: 10.1002/jsfa.9153
- Asioli, D., Aschemann-Witzel, J., Caputo, V., Vecchio, R., Annunziata, A., Næs, T., & Varela, P. (2017). Making sense of the “clean label” trends: A review of consumer food choice behavior and discussion of industry implications. Food Research International, 99, 58-71. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodres.2017.07.022
- Annunziata, A., Pomarici, E., Vecchio, R., & Mariani, A. (2016). Nutritional information and health warnings on wine labels: Exploring consumer interest and preferences. Appetite, 106, 58-69. DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2016.02.152
- Vecchio, R., & Annunziata, A. (2015). Willingness-to-pay for sustainability-labelled chocolate: an experimental auction approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 86, 335-342. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.08.006
- Pomarici, E., & Vecchio, R. (2014). Millennial generation attitudes to sustainable wine: An exploratory study on Italian consumers. Journal of Cleaner Production, 66, 537-545. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2013.10.058
- INDIGENA 2020-2022: Exploitation of the local grape variety Camaiola – funded by the Campania Regional Government
- TOSCANA IGTSF 2021: Project “Wine consumer preferences for low sulphites Toscana PGI” – funded by the University of Florence.
- PRIN-DRASTIC 2020-2023: Driving the Italian Food System into a Circular Economy Model – funded by the Italian Minister of University and research.
- BIODEGRAPACK 2020-2022: Bioplastic related project for organic food packaging – funded by the Italian Minister of Agriculture and Forestry Policies.