Prof. Gianni Cicia
Gianni Cicia (MSc, PhD) is full Professor in Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Naples Federico II (Italy), Department of Agricultural Sciences. Cicia has got a MSc degree in Agricultural Economics and Policy (Centre of Advanced Training, Italy) and a PhD in Agricultural Economics and Policy (University of Naples Federico II, Italy). He spent one year and a half at the University of Arizona, Tucson, (AZ – USA) as visiting scholar working on a research project on organic farming in Arizona. He was also visiting scholar at the University of California at Berkeley involved in a project on estimation of environmental damage caused by quarrying.
He is board member of the Italian Society of Agricultural Economics; board member of the member of the scientific committee of the National Organic Farming Research Group – Italy (GRAB-IT); board member (formerly President) of the Scientific Association “Centro di Portici”.
His current research interests are related to consumer behavior in Postmodern Society, with a specific focus on consumer attitudes and behaviors through hypothetical and non-hypothetical methods, working on advanced quantitative consumer choice methodologies (such as choice modeling and experimental economics) and analyzing the resulting data by econometric methods. Prof. Gianni Cicia has been involved in several research projects as PI and Co-I.
Dept. of Agricultural Sciences
Via Università 96 – 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
Tel. +39 081 2539057
- Lombardi, A., Carlucci, D., Cavallo, C., De Gennaro, B., Del Giudice, T., Giannoccaro, G., Paparella, A., Roselli, L., Vecchio, R. and Cicia, G., 2021. Do consumers understand health claims on extra-virgin olive oil?. Food Research International, 143, p.110267. DOI: 1016/j.foodres.2021.110267
- Furno, M., Del Giudice, T. and Cicia, G., 2021. Organic consumers’ profile beyond the mean. Organic Agriculture, pp.1-13. DOI: 1007/s13165-020-00333-z
- Carfora, V., Cavallo, C., Caso, D., Del Giudice, T., De Devitiis, B., Viscecchia, R., Nardone, G. and Cicia, G., 2019. Explaining consumer purchase behavior for organic milk: Including trust and green self-identity within the theory of planned behavior. Food Quality and Preference, 76, pp.1-9. DOI: 1016/j.foodqual.2019.03.006
- Del Giudice, T., Stranieri, S., Caracciolo, F., Ricci, E.C., Cembalo, L., Banterle, A. and Cicia, G., 2018. Corporate Social Responsibility certifications influence consumer preferences and seafood market price. Journal of Cleaner Production, 178, pp.526-533. DOI: 1016/j.jclepro.2017.12.276
- Fitzsimmons, J. and Cicia, G., 2018. Different tubers for different consumers: Heterogeneity in human values and willingness to pay for social outcomes of potato credence attributes. International Journal on Food System Dynamics, 9(4), pp.354-374. DOI: 18461/ijfsd.v9i4.946
- ECOSTACK (Task leader) 2018-2023: Develop and support ecologically, economically and socially sustainable crop production via stacking and protection of functional biodiversity – EU H2020 project.
- PRO.FI.LA. (Task leader) 2019-2022: New Proteins for the Chicken Food Chain – funded by the Italian Minister of Agriculture and Forestry Policies.
- AGER COMPETiTiVE (WP leader) 2018-2021: Claims of Olive oil to iMProvE The markeT ValuE of the product – funded by the AGER Foundation.