He gained an international reputation for his research on the assessment of the impact of development programmes on local communities and their natural resources with a specific focus on least developed countries. He is especially interested to identify the contribution of crop diversification and ecological intensification strategies to rural households’ livelihood and food security and in how to enhance citizen sciences in policy development and decision making. His research interests are also related to the development of quantitative methodologies for quasi-experimental treatment-effects models on quantiles and their application to program evaluation. That research led to prof. Caracciolo a formal commitment as Honorary Research Fellow with the Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture at Development Impact Unit.
Dept. of Agricultural Sciences
Via Università 96 – 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
Tel. +39 081 2539116
- Bellon Mauricio. R., Kotu B. H., Azzarri Carlo, Caracciolo, Francesco (2020). To diversify or not to diversify, that is the question. Pursuing agricultural development for smallholder farmers in marginal areas of Ghana. WORLD DEVELOPMENT, vol. 125, ISSN: 0305-750X, DOI: 10.1016/j.worlddev.2019.104682
- Caracciolo Francesco, Marilena Furno (2020). Multi-valued Double Robust quantile treatment effect. EMPIRICAL ECONOMICS, vol. 58, p. 2545-2571, ISSN: 0377-7332, DOI: 10.1007/s00181-018-1584-7
- Despotović, Jelena, Rodić, Vesna, Caracciolo, Francesco (2019). Factors affecting farmers’ adoption of integrated pest management in Serbia: An application of the theory of planned behavior. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION, vol. 228, p. 1196-1205, ISSN: 0959-6526, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.04.149
- Bellon, Mauricio R., Ntandou Bouzitou, Gervais D., Caracciolo, Francesco (2016). On-Farm Diversity and Market Participation Are Positively Associated with Dietary Diversity of Rural Mothers in Southern Benin, West Africa. PLOS ONE, vol. 11, e0162535, ISSN: 1932-6203, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0162535
- Dal Bianco, Andrea, Boatto, Vasco Ladislao, Caracciolo, Francesco, Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano (2016). Tariffs and non-tariff frictions in the world wine trade. EUROPEAN REVIEW OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS, vol. 43, p. 31-57, ISSN: 0165-1587, DOI: 10.1093/erae/jbv008
- PILA (UO and WP leader) 2021-2022: Pianeta Lattari – funded by the Campania Region under European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
- MLS Reform (PI) 2020-2021 Impact of the revision of the Multilateral system of Access and Benefit Sharing of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture, funded by Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fertisele (WP leader) 2020-2022: Gestione sostenibile della fertilità dei suoli– funded by the Campania Region under European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
- Econometric IFAD (PI) 2020-2021 “Linking Research to Impact: increasing the effectiveness of agriculture and food systems in improving nutrition projects”, funded by Bioversity International. Grant number L20HQ146.