Alessia Lombardi (MsC, PhD) holds a PostDoc position in Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Naples Federico II (Italy), Department of Agricultural Sciences. Lombardi has got a MSc degree in Agricultural Economics and Policy (Centre of Advanced Training, Italy) and a PhD in Agricultural Economics and Policy (University of Naples Federico II, Italy). During her PhD, she was invited as visiting scholar by Cornell University (USA) and by the Management Study Group at the Wageningen University (NL). She has been involved in a research projects as P.I, and as collaborator and task leader in national and international funded projects.
Her current research interests are related to social networking in agro-food system; sustainability, organization and structure of Short Supply chain and consumers’ participation; consumers’ acceptability of innovative food products such as insects based food in human diets and feed for animals; circular bio-economy.
Dept. of Agricultural Sciences
Via Università 96 – 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
- Lombardi A., Migliore G., Verneau F., Schifani G., Cembalo L. (2015). Are “good guys” more likely to participate in local agriculture? Food Quality and Preference, 45(10), 158-165. DOI: 1016/j.foodqual.2015.06.005
- Borrello M., Caracciolo F., Lombardi A., Pascucci S., Cembalo L. (2017). Consumers’ Perspective on Circular Economy Strategy for Reducing Food Waste, Sustainability (Switzerland), 9(1), 141. DOI: 10.3390/su9010141
- Lombardi, A., Vecchio, R., Borrello, M., Caracciolo, F., & Cembalo, L. (2019). Willingness to pay for insect-based food: The role of information and carrier. Food Quality and Preference, 72, 177-187. DOI: 1016/j.foodqual.2018.10.001
- Borrello, M., Pascucci, S., Caracciolo, F., Lombardi, A., & Cembalo, L. (2020). Consumers are willing to participate in circular business models: A practice theory perspective to food provisioning. Journal of Cleaner Production, 259, 121013.DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.121013
- Lombardi, A., Carlucci, D., Cavallo, C., De Gennaro, B., Del Giudice, T., Giannoccaro, G., … & Cicia, G. (2021). Do consumers understand health claims on extra-virgin olive oil?. Food Research International, 143, 110267. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodres.2021.110267
- AGER COMPETITIVE (Collaborator) 2018-2020 – Funded by foundation CARIPLO.
- PRIN-DRASTIC (Task leader) 2020-2023: Driving the Italian Food System into a Circular Economy Model – funded by the Italian Minister of University and research.
- STAR PROJECT – Line 1- Junior principal investigator Grants (Winner and P.I) 2015-2017: Consumers acceptability of insects in human diets – funded by COINOR.